Who is eligible for the services?

To be eligible for case management services, children/adolescents must be Seriously Emotionally Disturbed (SED) with a defined serious mental illness, such as bipolar disorder or attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and must exhibit at least one of the following:

  • Have service needs that require more significant interventions over time
  • Problems in personality development and social functioning for one year or more
  • Problems that are increasing over time
  • Significant problems in contrast to others of their age

Children under age 7 who are at-risk of SED must meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Have caregivers with predisposing factors (such as a parent with a history of major mental illness) that could result in the child developing serious emotional or behavioral problems
  • Have experienced physical or psychological stressors (such as abuse) that put them at risk of serious emotional problems
  • Exhibit behavior or maturity that is significantly different from other children their age

Contact Us

For more information contact Scott Britton, Mental Health Care Coordinator, at 804-758-4035.

Show All Answers

1. What are case management services for children and adolescents?
2. Who is eligible for the services?
3. What is the benefit of case management services for my family?
4. How can I access case management services?
5. Who pays for the service?
6. Where can I find more information?