Prevention, Health and Wellness Services
As you read through our information, please note that we are a Virginia Certification Board (VCB) approved education/training provider. We offer the opportunity to earn continuing education units through the Virginia Certification Board (VCB) on multiple trainings we offer.
To actively promote the development of healthy and resilient individuals, families, and communities by:
- Empowering them to prevent the following:
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug use
- Child neglect and abuse
- Juvenile delinquency
- School failure
- Teen pregnancy
- Teen suicide
- Fostering cohesiveness through programs that teach clear and consistent standards of behavior
- Building skills to develop and identify resources
- Offering support in managing stress, conflict, and crisis
- Supporting prevention-focused coalitions and programs
- Evaluating all services, programs and strategies
Services, Programs & Strategies
- Coalition Outreach mobilizes individuals to become involved in making their communities and neighborhoods healthier, safer, and more positive places to live, work and play.
- Family Wellness Programs focus on building skills and knowledge to be nurturing parents.
- School-Based Wellness Programs promote positive youth development strategies that help youth make good life choices.
- Community Wellness Programs promote health and well-being.
- Suicide Prevention Programs promote awareness about the signs of suicide and how to assist someone who is thinking about suicide. We offer a wide range of suicide prevention programs including: Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR), and Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Mental Health Awareness Programs offer the knowledge and skills to understand the wide-range of mental health issues that exist, and the knowledge and skills to assist people who are experiencing mental health challenges. We offer Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Classes on a regular basis throughout the year.
Several of our trainings provide continuing education units through the Virginia Certification Board (VCB).