Our vision statement is our golden rule: Our staff treats those we serve as we would like to be treated. We instill this supporting value with all we say and do, understanding that the developmentally disabled have the same needs as those with no disability. Our vision, which we call My Life to Live, offers guidance to our staff for making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
My Life to Live
Give One Valued Moment to Make a Difference!
I Promise to:
- Be Respectful: Treat people with dignity and respect by saying, "Please, Thank You, Excuse Me, Good Morning, and Goodbye." Be honest but not hurtful.
- Listen: Listen, really listen, to both words and actions and to act upon what I hear and learn.
- Promote Self-Worth, Value and Self-Reliance: Take every opportunity to support a person's self-expression, self-worth, self-reliance, and decision-making.
- Support Dreams and Ensure Dignity: Encourage dreams, desires, and ambitions, no matter the size or seeming impossibility.
- Follow and Guide Lives: Focus on an individual as a Person, not a disability, behavior, or by the equipment the individual uses.
- Develop and Support Meaningful Lives and Relationships: Support meaningful lives and relationships without judgment.
- Believe in My Ability to Learn - Involve and Teach: Never miss the opportunity to support a positive change in someone's life.
- Support Self-Expression and Decision-Making: Know what is Important To and Important For a person.