MPNN CSB is proud to partner with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through section 8121 to offer Supportive Housing for Persons with Mental Health Disabilities. Turning Point stands as a shining example of our commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment for adults with serious mental illness.
Key Aspects of Our Supportive Housing Program:
- Home-Like Setting: Turning Point offers a warm and home-like atmosphere, where residents come together to live and work as a family. This supportive community fosters a sense of belonging and security.
- Personal Responsibility: We encourage residents to take ownership of their daily lives and the management of their home. Each individual is responsible for aspects of daily home management, contributing to a sense of empowerment and autonomy.
- Skill Building Services: With the assistance of skill building services, residents learn to manage their illness and engage in activities of daily living. We provide the support and resources needed to enhance their independence and self-sufficiency.
- Permanent Housing: Turning Point offers permanent housing, providing a stable and secure environment for residents to thrive. Although residents have the freedom to leave at any time with a 30-day notice, our aim is to create a lasting home where individuals can build their future.
- HUD Support: Residents of Turning Point benefit from a Project Rental Assistance Contract through HUD, ensuring they have access to safe and affordable housing.
At MPNN CSB, we believe in the power of community, support, and empowerment. Turning Point represents our dedication to providing a place where individuals with serious mental illness can not only find housing but also a supportive family environment to help them on their journey to recovery and independence.