- Services & Programs
- Mental Health
- Psychosocial Services
What is CharterHouse Clubhouse?
CharterHouse is a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program of the Middle Peninsula Northern Neck located in Tappahannock , Virginia. CharterHouse provides Clubhouse services for individuals 18 years and older who are diagnosed with mental illness. We are striving to be the first Clubhouse in the state of Virginia to be accredited by Clubhouse International.
CharterHouse enriches members’ lives through collaborative experiences such as:
- Wellness Workshops
- Snack Bar & Daily Lunch Program
- Media & Social Media Activities
- Community Integration Activities
- Field Trips
- Garden & More
- Inclusive Environment
- Empowerment to be Yourself
- Promotion of Unique Talents
Clubhouses are a powerful demonstration of the fact that people with mental illness can and do lead normal, productive lives. Clubhouses are local community centers that provide members with opportunities to build long-term relationships that, in turn, support them in obtaining employment, education and housing, including:
- A work-ordered day in which the talents and abilities of members are recognized and utilized within the Clubhouse.
- Participation in consensus-based decision-making regarding all important matters relating to the running of the Clubhouse.
- Opportunities to obtain paid employment in the local labor market through a Clubhouse-created Transitional Employment Program. In addition, members participate in Clubhousesupported and Independent programs.
- Assistance in accessing community-based educational resources.
- Access to community based wellness resources when needed.
- Evening/weekend social and recreational events; and
- Assistance in securing and sustaining safe, decent and affordable housing. (https://clubhouse-intl.org/what-wedo/what-clubhouses-do/)
Individuals aged 18 and above who are diagnosed with a mental illness are invited to schedule a tour of CharterHouse. If they would like to attend, transportation can be arranged through Medicaid Transportation or through CharterHouse’s in-house transportation when available. Grants are available for potential members who do not have Medicaid.
CharterHouse serves the counties of Gloucester, King and Queen, King William, Middlesex, Mathews, Lancaster, Northumberland, Essex, Richmond County, and Westmoreland including Colonial Beach.
Charterhouse ClubhousePhysical Address
412 Duke Street
Tappahannock, VA 22560
Phone: : 804-333-6980Fax: : 804-333-6982